»

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy

The hives are still torturing me, but last night I was actually able to sleep. This is because yesterday I pestered my doctor until she gave in and prescribed something. It was that or head for urgent care. When I first saw her on Monday, she told me to take Benadryl and hot showers instead of meds, because the side effects would be worse than the actual hives. Is it not SO EASY for doctors to calmly throw that kind of crap at you while you're scratching your inflamed, red, and itching flesh into ribbons? Are you with me here, people?


No, this is not a photo of me. A) that's a guy's arm, and B) I am far too irritable to photograph myself for you. His hives are similar to mine, though.

No, what puts a spring in my step today is the fact that the trailer for the "Sex In The City" movie is out. Come June, THE GIRLS ARE BACK!!! I've never quite forgiven Sarah Jessica Parker for walking away (not only was she the star of the show, but also one of the producers, and the person responsible for it's early demise) but for now she's back in my good graces.

My favorite TV show. Ever.

My girlfriends from college were/are a tight-knit group, and we shared everything with each other. Let me say that again: Ev. Ry. Thing. The time spent together laughing, discussing details about guys, relationships, clothes, and whatever else came to mind was something I missed desperately when I moved away, and SITC was like a comfy security blanket for me--an awesome reminder of my good fortune in friendship.

Since then I've made new friends and kept the old (because as they say at girls' camp "one is silver and the other gold.") Come June, I'll be in line with one or more of my friends to check out SITC: The Movie, and hopefully it'll be as good as it was on TV. It better be, or SJP is back on my blacklist. The hives will be gone, though, so there is that.

2 comments:

Jeralee said...

I hate hives. I had an allergic reaction or something that night after we went to the Howlin' Coyote last July with girl's night out. I had hives all over. Itchy, itchy... Thank goodness for prednisone.

O.K. Totally love Sex in the City. Too, too funny. I have seen all of the episodes. My favorite is when Carrie takes a spill on the Catwalk at the fashion show. I was laughing so hard at that one.

It will be fun when the movie comes out! Hello Mr. Big!

Abby said...

I do love Sex in the City. Beauty school was much like college was for you. They gave me tips for my upcoming marriage and we talked about current things.

Utah does have separate licenses but you don't have to take a basics test first or anything. You can go straight for the masters. That's what I did. Also the basics esthetics license is bundled with the cosmetology license which is a 2000 hour requirement. I currently am training to be an instructor and working on my license while doing so. I work under a master esthetician. I really love teaching. I'm a know-it-all so it really fits my personality. Today we added exfoliant to the cleansing techniques. Pretty fun.

That's really really neat that you author. I would love to be able to do that someday.

I'm super glad you finally got something from the doctor for those hives. I've never had a major reaction like that.

I was wondering what product line you are into. We use Dermalogica and Image at the school where I attended and am now training. The peels we use are Image and then we use Dermalogica for clients and that. I want to get the full line of Image in but the school likes Dermalogica. I'm sure I'm boring but anyway, can't wait to keep reading your blog. Good luck!