»

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fear and Loathing in Salt Lake City...

Various text messages from Michael, currently earning extra-credit son-in-law points by accompanying my 85 year-old dad on his move to Middle-of-Nowhere, Utah:

"Just crossed Blue Mountain Pass. Did you know it's possible to shift gears while leaving the cruise control on? Your dad does."

"Rush hour. SLC. Stop and go 7 lanes wide. No brakes on trailer. Had energy drink to stay awake. Dick at the wheel. Cat peering out from the carrier, perched on a massive pile of crap in the back seat...so she can face the windshield. All traffic ahead STOPPED--see the red brake lights, Dick! Turn off the Cruise Control, Dick! Stop, Dick, STOP!

"It's like driving with Ricky Bobby's crazy grandpa. I keep wondering if the transmission will go before the clutch, or will it be the other way around? Did I mention the large can of Mocha Loco I consumed? I half expect to wake up with a lizard tail strapped to my ass."

Have I mentioned that I adore this man? I adore this man.

1 comments:

Jeralee said...

That was HYSTERICAL! Oh I was laughing hard at that. Probably because I could picture it all. Too funny. Thanks again for helping me move some of my junk today. You are the BEST! Love ya!